I pray that the light of God will illuminate the eyes of your imagination, flooding you with light, until you experience the full revelation of the hope of his calling—that is, the wealth of God’s glorious inheritances that he finds in you! Ephesians 1:18
Jesus is the light of the world. When darkness seems to surround you, the light of Jesus will break through. I love the book of Ephesians and the two prayers Paul included in his inspired letter. The first prayer is for the people of God to be illuminated. How we need the light of God to shine through the darkness of this world! The Light of the World wants to pour his light into you! What would that look like?
Do you ever feel like you are groping for answers, groping in the dark for understanding? A great light is about to shine on you. This revelation light will bring you into a deeper love of Jesus. As his light shines on you, our spiritual eyes are opened to see more of him and more of his plan for your life.
This light is to flood our innermost being until…until what? Until you experience the full revelation of the hope of his calling. The living God wants you to know that he loves you and that he has chosen you!
The Hope of His Calling for Your Life!
What is this hope, the hope of his calling for your life? The purpose of this revelation light is to lead you into the hope of God’s calling. It will help you understand why God called you to himself.Shortcode
Why Did God Choose You?
- He chose you because he wanted you. He wanted you to be his. He wanted a friend, a partner. He wanted someone to walk with and share himself with. You are that one. He chose you because he wanted you. Rom.1:6 – And you are among the chosen ones who received the call to belong to Jesus, the Anointed One. The wealth of the glory of God’s inheritance is you! In fact, you are the hidden treasure in this world. He chose you because you are a pearl of great price.
- He chose you because he loved you before time began. (Eph. 1:4-6) Before any star was burning or any tree was growing or any stream was flowing, he loved you and carried you in his heart. He gave you a destiny before he created one thing in this universe. You are more important to him than any created thing. So his love for you is paramount.
- He chose you to show you hope. It is the hope of his calling, his choosing. That hope is that we will one day become like Christ. He called you, saved you, loved you, so that you would be transformed into a look-alike partner to Jesus. The full revelation of this hope must grow in you. Christ in you, the hope of glory. John says that if anyone has this hope in them, they purify themselves, they are transformed and changed into Christ’s image.
The hope of his calling is to experience the wealth of God’s glorious inheritances that he finds in you! Imagine God’s dream, God’s hope that he had in his heart when he called you to believe in Christ. What is his dream? It is to make you and every believer into the beautiful image of his Son, a duplicate of Jesus. The Father’s dream is to fill the earth with people just like his Son. Jesus is so loved of the Father and so are you. God is determined to bring you into a discovery of how much you mean to him!
The wealth of the glory of God’s inheritance is in you! Imagine all that it would mean to discover that the treasures of your relationship with Christ is what God inherits! It takes the spirit of wisdom and revelation to help us in this quest. When you came to know Jesus Christ, God inherited the wealth of your worship and your readiness to be filled with Christ. It is true that we have an unbelievably amazing inheritance in Christ, but how little we understand that God receives his inheritance in our lives!
- He has called us to be holy and set apart for him. (1 Pet. 1:15-16 “Be holy”) The word “holy” means to be set apart in purity. True followers of Jesus want to be set apart for him and to be pure of heart. God chose you that you would represent him in holiness and purity.
- He called us to live in fellowship with his Son. 1 Cor. 1:9 – God is forever faithful and can be trusted to do this in you, for he has invited you to co-share the life of his Son, Jesus, the Anointed One, our King! Just think, God wants to walk in friendship and partnership with you!
- He has called us to live in freedom.(Gal. 5:1, 13) You were not chosen to live in fear, but to live in freedom. This is the true freedom that comes when we let God have all our being. To love God will always bring you into spiritual freedom. Don’t go backwards, move deeper into the heart of God.
- He chose to use you to display his glory! You are his divine poetry. God has chosen you to show the world a unique message that only you can present. Your life, your unique gifts, your passion for God—they bring to the world a poetic expression of God’s love. How does it feel to be the lyrics of love on two legs? God will use you for his glory as you put him first.
You are chosen by God because he wants you. He loved you before time began. He chose you to give you hope. He chose you to represent him in holiness and truth. He divinely chose you to be the love companion for his Son, Jesus Christ. He chose you to set you free. And he chose you to display his glory.
You are unique! Be blessed my friend!
The Passion Translation Project